Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oscar time!

Oscar weekend is finally upon us!   I can't believe a year has passed - it seems like yesterday I was gushing about SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE and bitching about THE READER.  There always seems to be a special energy in the air during Oscar time in Los Angeles - maybe because so many stars are in town.

On a less positive note, I had to go to drinks in Hollywood yesterday and it took me over 30 minutes to drive there from West Hollywood.  It's because that damn Hollywood Blvd is closed because of the Oscars.  Such a pain!  Does it make me a bad person if I hope it rains tomorrow during the red carpet arrivals?

I will be Oscar party hopping tomorrow and am part of a couple pools (one of which is with my arch-nemesis Cinescapist).  I'm hopping on the AVATAR bandwagon - I won a big industry-wide pool when I first started in Hollywood by jumping on the RETURN OF THE KING bandwagon and I think I'll do the same this year.  Here are my predictions for the winners:

Best Picture:
AVATAR

Best Actor:
Jeff Bridges, CRAZY HEART

Best Actress:
Sandra Bullock, THE BLIND SIDE

Best Supporting Actor:
Christoph Waltz, INGLORIOUS BASTERDS

Best Supporting Actress:
Mo'Nique, PRECIOUS

Best Director:
Kathryn Bigelow, THE HURT LOCKER

Best Original Screenplay:
THE HURT LOCKER

Best Adapted Screenplay:
UP IN THE AIR

Best Cinematography:
AVATAR

Best Art Direction:
AVATAR

Best Costume Design:
NINE

Best Sound:
AVATAR

Best Editing:
AVATAR

Best Sound Editing:
AVATAR

Best Visual Effects:
AVATAR

Best Makeup:
STAR TREK

Best Song:
CRAZY HEART

Best Score:
AVATAR

Best Animated Short Film:
A MATTER OF LOAF OR DEATH

Best Live Action Short Film:
THE DOOR

Best Documentary Short:
CHINA'S UNNATURAL DISASTER

Best Documentary Feature:
THE COVE

Best Foreign Language:
THE WHITE RIBBON

Best Animated:
UP

No comments:

Post a Comment